In this post we show how to protect Signs/Substrates for outdoor use against UV fading with TheMagicTouch CoverSeal.
Here is what you need
• TheMagicTouch CPM6.2 transfer paper.
• A CMYK Colour Laser/LED printer.
• A professional heat press.
• A sheet of CoverSeal.
• An application Sponge.
Most likely printer settings
The printer settings may vary depending on the printer brand. The following settings serve as a guideline:
• Paper source: MPT/Bypass or Tray/Cassette 1.
• Paper type/weight: Medium/Heavy
• Print your artwork mirrored.
• Trim the transfer as required.
• Clean the surface of the product.
Setting up the Heat Press
• Temperature: 160° C / 320° F
• Pressure: medium/high
• Pressing Time: 60-90 seconds
• Place a sheet of plain paper under the product on the lower press platen.
• Place and align the transfer on the product.
• Cover the transfer paper with a T-Pad.
• Start pressing.
• Open the heat press and remove the T-pad.
• Allow it to cool down to warm.
• Remove the transfer paper while still warm.
How to protect against UV shading and scratching with CoverSeal
• Place CoverSeal film
• Cover with application Sponge.
• Press for 15 seconds.
• Open the heat press and rotate the application sponge.
• Press again for 15 seconds.
Open the heat press and remove the application Sponge.
Carefully trim off the overlapping Coverseal.