This video, how to decorate a plywood deco with TheMagicTouch RST9.1 and a CMY+White printer, we show you how you can personalize almost any wood as long as it has a smooth, flat finish.
Here is what you need
• TheMagicTouch RST9.1 transferpaper.
• A CMYK or CMY+White Colour Laser/LED printer.
• A professional heat press.
• An application sponge.
• a Spray bottle.
Most likely Printer settings
The printer settings may vary depending on the printer brand. The following settings serve as a guideline:
• Paper source: MPT/Bypass
• Paper weight: Medium/Heavy.
• Load RST9.1 into the selected tray
• Print your artwork
Note: For white text or image parts on your transfer you would need a CMY+White printer
Set up the Heatpress
• Temperature: 150° C / 300° F
• Pressing Time: 60 seconds.
• Pressure: medium/ high.
Preparing the application Process
• Clean the surface of the product
• Trim the transfer as required.
• Place a sheet of plain paper on the lower press platen.
• Position the transfer on the product (printed side down)
• Cover the transfer paper with an application sponge.
• Gingerly spray mist of water on top of the application sponge.
• Start pressing
• Open the heat press.
• Remove the application sponge
• Spray the RST paper with water and remove the product from the press.
• Let the water soak into the paper until it comes loose.
• Remove the RST paper.
- Can I use any heat press for transfer paper?
- Do you print transfer paper from the manual feed or via the cassette?
- View all questions