This video, How to decorate a jute santa sack with TheMagicTouch Wow7.8, shows you how to print on difficult garments like Jute with a full colour design.
Here is what you need
• TheMagicTouch WoW7.8 transferpaper.
• A CMY+White printer.
• SpaceControl Basic Print Utility (RIP) software by TheMagicTouch.
• A professional heat press.
• Release paper.
Step 1: Preparing the printing process
• Launch SpaceControl and select WoW7.8 MSheet
• Select the paper size.
• Open your artwork file
• Load WoW7.8 MSheet into the multipurpose tray. MSheet = Magenta coloured backprint.
• Click on “Print”.
Set up the Heat Press
• Temperature: 140-145° C / 285-295° F
• Pressing Time A4: 45-60 seconds.
• Pressing time A4XL/A3: 60-75 seconds.
• Pressure: high.
Warming up T-Pad
• Use the T-Pad with the smooth side up.
• If you start from cold, warm up for about 45 seconds.
Preparing the application Process
• Take the printed MSheet.
• Place TSheet face down centered on the MSheet (The yellow backprint of the TSheet lies on top)
• Make sure the TSheet edges do not touch the edges of the MSheet.
• Turn upside-down before placing on the T.Pad
• Cover with release paper.
• Start pressing.
The next steps are crucial.
Stripping apart the papers
• Open the heat press and strip apart immediately.
• In one steady motion in a very shallow angle.
• Do not remove the release paper before you strip.
Step 2: Pressing process
• Place one or two support cards on the lower press platen
• Place and align the transfer printed side face down.
• Press for 10-15 seconds.
• Open the heat press and remove the product.
• Strip off the TSheet absolutely cold.
• Cover the image with T.Seal and press again for 5-10 seconds.