In this video we show how to decorate a Coffee Mug with TheMagicTouch CPM 6.2 and a MugPress.
Here is what you need
• TheMagicTouch CPM 6.2 transferpaper
• A Colour Laser/LED printer
• SpaceControl Basic Print utility software
• A professional mug Press
• Heat resistant tape
• A M-Pad
Preparing the printing process
• Launch SpaceControl.
• Select the paper size.
• Under “Tools -> Custom Paper Size” you can set your own paper size for mugs.
• Just fill in the required dimensions, type in a name and save it.
• Select CPM6.2
• Select the (custom) paper size.
• Open artwork file (File format: Jpeg, TIF, PNG, PSD)
• Trim the transfer to the selected dimensions.
• Adjust the paper size dial to match the size.
• Load the paper into the tray.
• Enter the “Print” key.
Set up the Mugpress
• Temperature: 150° C / 300° F.
• Pressing time: 40 seconds.
• Pressure: Medium to high.
Note: Please consult your Mug press manual as values might differ on other devices!
• Clean the surface of the product.
• Place the transfer in desired position
• Use heat resistant tape to fix it.
• Wrap the M-pad around the mug.
• Put it in the mugpress.
• Close the press and start pressing.
• Open the press and take out the mug
• Let cool down completely.
• Remove the transfer paper cold.
- Do you print transfer paper from the manual feed or via the cassette?
- Is printing with transfer paper expensive?
- View all questions